Thursday 19 February 2009

Christmas tree

So many people have asked me how I made the Christmas tree on my Santa LO, I decided to write the instructions down for those who are interested. Firstly I must say that the idea was not mine and the credit goes to the lady who runs the crop I attend.





1. Start by cutting a traingle shaped piece of card which is the size you'd like your xmas tree to be.



2. Then cut strips about a cm wide and 10 cms long. It's quite nice to not have then all the exact same width. They can be all the same colour or different colours and patterns. (If you are having a very small tree, you may need to asjust the size of the strips.)


3. Fold your strips in half but don't push the fold flat. Use double sided tape to start sticking your folded strips. Start at the bottom and work your way up.


4. When you don't have enough space left for another row, cut a triangle to fit the space which is left.


Hope this is helpful, if anything is not clear feel free to ask me. The photo below should give you a clearer idea of how the fold and stick the strips.


2 comments: